Saturday 7 December 2013

Playing with paint pens...

Recently my DD1's reception class at school have been working on a collaborative project with an awesome local artist known as Fabric Lenny. They've produced some amazing work including drawings, paintings, wire sculptures, an animated film and a documentary film and parents were also invited to attend workshop sessions with their child and Fabric Lenny, working together on making some artwork for the animated film.
 
The workshop was fantastic and I loved creating art with my daughter and I really enjoyed the techniques we used - drawing on stiff cardboard using black felt tips, using a wet paintbrush over the drawn lines to create a colour wash effect and then adding further detail with white Posca paint pens.
 
My DD1 was very taken with the paint pens so I decided to invest in some and they arrived this week so of course I had to try them out. :)
 
I'd also had a few deliveries recently so had a few cardboard boxes lying around so I decided to try Fabric Lenny's technique for myself. And this is what I made:
 
 
I really like this technique and it makes for really striking artwork. Definitely going to play with this some more.
 

1 comment:

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely stunning and the zentangle designs on her hair etc is amazing.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...