Sunday 8 December 2013

Clean and Simple

The new challenge theme at One Stitch at a Time today is Something Red.
 
For my DT creation I chose to work with this adorable Owl Landing digi stamp by Sentimental Susan:
 
 
I coloured the image with my Promarkers and carefully cut around it:
 
 
I'm still on a bit of a Clean and Simple kick and for this card I liked the idea of having my "something red" be red patterned paper showing through punched-out shapes on the card front. I used a 5x7" card blank and rounded the outside corners, for a clean, modern look. I used a Stampin' Up! punch to punch start shapes out of the card front and layered red patterned paper inside the card. I attached my owl image on foam pads, slightly overhanging the edge of the card.
 
 
To finish I stamped a sentiment using a Stampin' Up! stamp and added some little wooden star shapes which I coloured red with my Promarkers.
 
 
The challenge runs for a week and you don't have to use a Stitchy Bear product to enter but if you do you'll be in with a chance of winning our main prize. Entries not using a Stitchy Bear product will be entered into the draw to win a $3 gift voucher for the Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet.
 

8 comments:

Mimi said...

Fun card Ali, I to would be 'seeing red' if one of those stars got in the way of my safe landing :) :) :) Hugs Jane xxx

Hazel said...

Lovely and the stars look really good with the red behind them. Hazel x

Ingrid Mason said...

I'm no bird lover Ali but I am taken with the expression on this little owl's face. He looks as though he's shocked himself as he comes in to land. The stars are terrific punched out and backed with red .....hope owl doesn't land with such a bump that he sees stars. Love Ingrid xx

CraftyGirl said...

Love the star punch out to see the red paper below. Ingrid is right he does look a bit shocked. Such a cute image.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
Your Sister OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Artnova said...

Piękna kartka.Sowa rewelacyjna,pozdrawiam serdecznie.

Unknown said...

Love this owl! Hugs, Erin DT teamie!

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Oh Ali, I just love this CAS card you created. The stars really POP and that owl is so cute (and coloured so well as always). Just love it.


Lynn, OSAAT DT Sister

verybellemakes said...

Love this card, such a cute owl and the punched stars look great with the red behind them!

Victoria (OSAAT teamie)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...