Friday 8 November 2013

Remembering

The new challenge starts today at Sweet Pea Stampers and our theme for this challenge is, appropriately enough, Let Us Remember/Thinking of You. 
 
I chose to work with one of my favourite Ching Chou Kuik stamps called Poppies From The Mist:
 
 
I decided to go really clean and simple with this card. I love how versatile Sweet Pea Stamps images are.. they are such beautiful, detailed stamps and they look fabulous on busy, detailed cards... but they also make for some very striking clean and simple cards.
 
 
I used the digi version of this image and simply printed it onto an A4 sheet of white cardstock, placing the image in the bottom right corner, with the sheet in landscape format, and then trimmed the cardstock to a 6x6 card size and scored and folded it to make my card.
 
I coloured the image in using Prismacolor pencils and a simple HB pencil:
 
 
When I decide who to give this card to, I will add a simple stamped sentiment in black ink... it could work for so many occasions... thinking of you... with sympathy... just a note...
 
The challenge runs for 2 weeks and you don't need to use a Sweet Pea Stamps product to enter, though obviously we would love to see your Sweet Pea Stamps creations. Entries that do use a Sweet Pea Stamps product will be eligible to win our DT Top Pick prize and there is also a randomly-drawn prize that is open to all entrants.

3 comments:

Hazel said...

Beautiful card - love how you've used the image x

stampqueen said...

What a great idea - beautiful and sweet!!

Desire Fourie said...

This is so beautiful. A gorgeous image brought to life beautifully with your colouring.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...