Monday 4 November 2013

New Baby

Is there any better reason for a card? :)
 
One of my friends had her third baby last week - a very unexpected baby girl! After having had two boys, they were convinced that number 3 would be a boy too (I think the odds are something like 94% of having a third boy if you've already had two boys?) so they were very pleasantly surprised when she turned out to be a girl. The only problem is, they still haven't chosen a name yet (she was born a week ago today) as they hadn't really even considered girls' names! :lol:
 
Last week was half term and I didn't want to intrude on family time with the new baby so the school run this morning was the first time I got to see my friend since the birth, and to meet the new addition (she's absolutely dainty and gorgeous!). :)
 
And of course, I had to take her a little gift and a card:
 
 
One of my absolute favourite stamps for baby cards - and especially girl baby cards - is this adorable acrylic stamp by Mo Manning. I stamped it with Memento ink and coloured it with my Promarkers and made a fairly quick and simple card with some patterned paper, embossed card, ribbon and a doily.
 
 
I stamped the sentiment with a Stampin' Up! stamp and cut it out with one of my favourite dies - the Bitty Banners Framelits set from Stampin' Up! :)
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...