Wednesday 9 October 2013

For a Friend...

One of my crafty friends has been having a bit of a tough time lately so I wanted to send her a card to cheer her up... and I thought this sweet image by Regan Kubecek - one of Sweet Pea Stamps's newest artists - would be perfect:


I used the digi stamp version of Regan Kubecek's Angel Wings and coloured her with my Prismacolor pencils, with touches of white gel pen for accents:


These pencils give a lovely soft effect that I think works really well on this image. I went with pretty pale colours in pastel shades and teamed the image with soft pinks and creams for my card. I embossed a panel of white card using my Stampin' Up! Cloudy Day embossing folder and added lacy ribbons, a pearl flourish...


...lots of pretty flowers...

 
...and a computer-printed sentiment which I cut out using a Stampin' Up! Bitty Banners framelit die and inked with Spun Sugar Distress Ink.


Regan's beautiful stamps are available in both red rubber and digi stamp format from the Sweet Pea Stamps store.

1 comment:

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Ali, this is gorgeous. Lovely subtle colours and fabulous embellishments. It all works so well. Best wishes, Kym xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...