Wednesday 21 August 2013

Serendipity

My third project as Guest Designer for Stampotique is up at the Stampotique Designer's Blog today and the theme couldn't have been more appropriate. It's "Wedding" and it just so happens to be my wedding anniversary at the end of this month. :)
 
So my lovely hubby will be getting this card:
 
 
I used this great vintage image stamp called Hochzeit (German for wedding, dontcha know?) for my card:
 
 
I made a square card blank from grey cardstock and cut a smaller panel from white cardstock. I stamped the Hochzeit stamp in black Archival ink over one edge of the panel and stamped it again onto a post-it note and cut it out to mask off the image. I then spritzed the card with Dylusions spray inks and splattered watered-down black paint across it.
 
 
I doodled a border with a black fineliner pen and attached the panel to my card blank. I then stamped Hochzeit again onto white cardstock and cut it out, attaching it to the card with foam pads, off-setting it slightly from the image on the panel.
 
 
I finished things off with a layered die-cut sentiment cut from grey and white cardstock and some black gemstones.
 

3 comments:

roc said...

what a happy wedding card! great job!

Reflective Art Studio said...

Love that color for a wedding card... Hope you have a great Holiday in Scotland.
xx
Sarinda

Sue said...

This is fabulous Ali, really unique x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...