Wednesday 7 August 2013

Purple, Orange and Yellow

My first project as Guest Designer for Stampotique has gone live today on the Stampotique Designer's Blog - it's a project for the new challenge starting today at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge Blog and the theme is Purple, Orange and Yellow:
 
 
For my project I used a fabulous flower stamp called Carol's Flower, large (9165). I started off making my background by stamping the flower repeatedly over a card panel using Versamark ink and heat embossing with clear embossing powder. I then inked over the panel using Distress Inks in Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Dusty Conchord. I flicked water over the panel for a blotched, distressed effect, and also flicked some Wild Honey Distress Stain over the panel. I then laid scrap paper over my panel and ironed over it to re-melt and remove the embossing, leaving me with a sort of faux-batique effect.
 
 
I matted my background panel onto black card and attached to a white card blank. I then stamped the flower twice again onto white card, using black Archival ink, and used a wet paintbrush to paint with Distress Inks to colour them in. I cut them out, folded the petals up a little for some added dimension and attached to my card using foam pads, adding some Glossy Accents to the centres for a touch of shine.
 
 
For my sentiment, I stamped Quiet Place (3011) onto white card and cut the wording out into strips which I edged with a black fineliner pen before attaching them to my card.
 
You have until the end of the month to enter any August challenges at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge blog and you don't have to use Stampotique stamps to enter - and you could win yourself some great prizes. :)
 

1 comment:

Jane Wetzel said...

this is beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...