Thursday 27 June 2013

Spinner Card

Ching Chou Kuik's The Moth is one of several gorgeous rubber stamps by this amazing artist that each comes on a single sheet with a lovely sentiment stamp. As soon as I saw this stamp I had an idea for a card:
 
I've never made this type of card before (in fact, I wasn't even sure I knew what the name for it was, I just knew I'd seen some in magazines etc) but just thought this circular framed image would look fabulous on a card where the image could spin around... and have the sentiment on the reverse:
 
 
I have to say though, as pleased as I am with how this card came out, it's a bear to photograph properly! :lol: Here's what it looks like closed up:
 
 
And here's the reverse side:
 
 
I coloured the image with my Promarkers and added some Stickles over the moths:
 
 
I cut the card shape out from coloured card using my Cameo and decorated it with some pretty paper and added some flower flourishes cut from gold mirri card using the Cameo. I stamped the sentiment onto a circle of white card and blended Spiced Marmalade and then Salty Ocean Distress Inks around the edges before attaching to the card.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Ali, this is gorgeous. I love the way it twists around and the backing papers match it perfectly. Best wishes, Kym xxx

House of Bears said...

Wow, that's a really clever card, and the image is gorgeous,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...