Saturday 22 June 2013

More ATCs

I have soooo many ideas for ATCs and projects running through my head atm... I've gone crazy for original art/mixed media stuff lately... to the extent that before going to sleep last night I had to turn the light back on, grab my phone and type in a quick memo of the idea for these ATCs: :D
 
 
 
 
My idea was a line drawing of a face - in close-up - with random, splodged brightly coloured inks as "eye shadow". My idea was for the colour not to be contained within the lines of the drawing so I used watercolour paper and sprayed it with water before splodging on Dylusions spray inks (I sprayed the inks onto my non-stick craft mat and then dipped a paintbrush into them). I also tilted the cards and let the watery ink run a bit before drying them and dabbed some spots of Stickles onto the ends of the eyelashes.
 
After I made this set of cards, I had the idea to do a similar set, this time with the eyes open and using the splodged, watercolour-effect colours for the irises.:
 
 

 
I filled up the white space at the top and bottom of these cards with some Distress Ink sponged lightly through stencils (this doesn't show up all that well on these scans).
 
I'm really rather pleased with all of these. They are quite simple and yet quite striking, I think. :)
 

2 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Wow... these are completely amazing! I was going to apologise for taking so long to get round to paying a return visit after your lovely comment at Artistic Stamper, but I'd not have caught these otherwise! Absolutely beautiful art.
Alison x

Christine said...

Stunning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...