Wednesday 10 April 2013

WOYWW 201

Ooops. The mess is starting to encroach a little again!
 
 
In my defence, it's been a crazy busy couple of weeks, with Easter and then my DD1's birthday (and birthday party). So much so that I've not done much crafting for the past few days... although I have spent this evening finishing up a scrapbook page (woot, an actual paper scrapbook page - I never seem to get around to doing those much anymore!) which is sitting on the desk while some silicone glue dries. It's not something I can share just yet though, hence why I've haphazardly covered it with a random instruction leaflet (from the kiddy digital camera I got DD1 for her birthday! :lol:)!
 
Ooh I did do one other bit of crafting in the past few days though... I managed to find time in the day before DD1's birthday to make her a birthday card!
 
 
I was struggling for inspiration at first but she had been banging on for weeks about wanting an Octonauts birthday cake for her party so I thought, why not go with the same theme for her card? :) I googled for the image and used a SU stamp (it reminds me of bubbles!) for the background and cut the name and number 4 on my Cameo. Simple, but effective - and she loved it.
 
Oh and the Octonauts cake? Was. Awesome.
 
 
I'd never had a cake professionally made before but I googled for local cake makers and called Sara's Celebration Cakes. I'd left it a bit late to order but, bless her, she said she could squeeze us in. She'd never heard of the Octonauts (it's an animated show on the pre-schoolers cBeebies channel, for those not in the know!) but she went away and googled it and came back and suggested that she could make the Gup-B ship with the 3 main characters sitting in it. And that's exactly what she did. I was - and, quite frankly, still am -  amazed by it! It totally exceeded my expectations. The level of detail was incredible (down to teeny tiny icing Octonauts logos on the tailfin of the ship!) and it also tasted great! DD1 *loved* it. :)
 
 
So thank you, Sara, for helping to make my little girl's first proper birthday party absolutely brilliant. :)
 
And on that note, I shall sign off and head to bed. Hope you enjoy your skip around the craft desks of blogland and that Wednesday is good to you.

16 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Ali,

Your desk is something else! I cheated and didn't show mine as I totally cleaned my table and there is nothing to see.

Love the card and holy moly, that cake is awesome! I bet you'll be a repeat customer.

Getting the jump on desk hopping.
Happy WOYWW
Peace,
Kay

Heathers Inspiration said...

Gorgeous card and the cake is Amazing. You put so much thought into making your little girls party Super Special x
have a Lovely week Happy WOYWW Heather #73

House of Bears said...

We hardly ever scrapbook either, but love it when we do. That card is lovely.

Waving hi from the bears @#79 this week.

Karen said...

Brilliant card and matching birthday cake too! How cute. Happy WOYWW! Karen 72 x

Jackie said...

Wow that cake is great !!!!
And your card to match looks fab
It's all about what is right for them and it looks like you got it perfect
Jackie 3

Unknown said...

What a cute cake. Your daughter looks so happy. #87

Claudia N. said...

Awesome birthday cake!!!! Sooooo cooool!

(Love your messy workdesk too btw.)

Happy WW!

die amelie #68

Tammy said...

Ah, what a fun cake! Love entrepreneurs who rise to the challenge! :) Happy WOYWW! Tammy #78

Winnie said...

I love your card and the cake you had done. I have a funny connection and affection for that cartoon. My friend Mary Murphy does the voice for Dashi (photographer) here in NYC. I have no kids, but I have been known to get up early to watch "her". Happy Bday to your little one! Winnie#75

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

Got to love the octonauts! I have now had a glass of wine and I am still trying to visit everyone so my message may be incoherent lol! jenx 129

Queenie Jeannie said...

WOW!!! That was amazing cake! Loved your matching card too. Happy birthday to your sweet angel!!

Jeannie #32

scrappymo! said...

Wow!!! That cake and your card are stunning!
Your daughter must have been sooo happy!
Thanks for stopping b y my blog.

Nan G said...

Cool cake! Desk isn't that bad. Thanks for the earlier visit. Happy WOYWW! Nan #9

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

G'day Ali
thanks for dropping by my desk/blog. I've resigned myself to the fact that I shall ever be running late to get to others blogs due to my work but here I am. Oh a crazy busy desk there but who cares. Love the card you made for your dd Aimee too. The cake is amazing!! As I'm late I can see your SweetPea challenge layout too and its gorgeous!! I have about 16 of her stamps...wel Ching Chou Kuik's stamps sold by Sweet Pea...love them
hugs
Annette In Oz #109

Rhonda Halushka said...

Love to see a desk that echos mine in the creative chaos! LOL
What a fabulous birthday party (cake is too cute!).
Thanks for stopping by my blog for WOYWW earlier!

Daniella said...

I'm sure whatever you are making is fabulous!! And that cake is totally awesome!!!!!!!
xxDaniella#90

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...