Monday 15 April 2013

Under Her Wings

It's Variations Week again at Sweet Pea Stamps... always a favourite of mine because I love seeing all the very different projects everyone creates from the same starting point. This time around the DT are all playing with this adorable image "Under Her Wings" by Concetta Kilmer:


I decided to do something a bit different from my usual square cards and make a stepper card:


And can I just say at this point how much I love my Cameo? :) Whereas usually for more complicated folded cards I would be fiffing and faffing with a ruler and pencil and craft knife, measuring and cutting and scoring, for this card I simply opened up a pre-bought template in my Silhouette Studio and sent it to the Cameo to cut - et voila! :D The template even included shapes to cut the paper panels too.

I coloured the image in soft pastel colours using my Promarkers and chose pretty papers to match.


And then finished things off with a punched border and some pretty pearls.


And that was my pretty pastel stepper card. :) You can find this image in either red rubber or digi format in the Sweet Pea Stamps store.

1 comment:

Sue Jones said...

OOOO that's BEAUTIFUL Ali.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...