Thursday 11 April 2013

Sweet Pea Stamps Challenge

Have you seen the fabulous new challenge at the Sweet Pea Stamps blog?
 
It's all about using Sweet Pea Stamps images for scrapbooking and all you have to do to enter is create a 12x12 scrapbook page using photos and using a Sweet Pea Stamps image as a focal point. The winning entry will win a whopping $50 to spend in the Sweet Pea Stamps store!
 
Some of the Design Team have been making scrapbook pages with Sweet Pea Stamps to help give you a bit of inspiration and I knew straight away what stamp I wanted to use:
 
 
I got this stamp a while ago and have been dying to use it. It's by Valarie Wade and it's called Mia. Given that that's my DD2's name, I just had to have it, didn't I? :D
 
And when Mia dressed up in a fairy dress last weekend (she just loves dressing up and often spends most of the day wandering round with a tutu on over her clothes, or wearing a hat, or wellie boots! :D) I snapped a quick photo on my phone and knew it would be perfect for a scrapbook page using the Mia stamp. :)
 
 
I coloured the image to match with the colours in the photo and fussy cut around it. I used some scrummy Basic Grey papers from the Pink Lemonade collection and layered lots of blossoms and foilage before adding the cut-out Mia image on top.
 
 
I used a border punch on the photo mat and my Stampin' Up! Simply Scored embossing plate to emboss the edges of the patterned papers. I also added some Kaiserkraft wooden flourishes.
 
 
For the title I used wooden letters and some teeny tiny alphas that I printed myself on the computer using the BabyBlocks font.
 
You've got until May 6th to enter the competition - an InLinkz will be added to the Sweet Pea Stamps blog on April 30th and the winner will be announced on May 15th. So get creating! :)
 
P.S. If you haven't got any Sweet Pea Stamps yet, now's the time to buy - until Friday there's 25% off all rubber stamps and if you spend $30 on digi stamps, you'll get a gift voucher for $6 to spend in store.
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...