Saturday 27 April 2013

Paint My World... Pastels. :)

One thing I love about the gorgeous images from Sweet Pea Stamps is looking through the store and seeing the amazing original artworks that the stamps are drawn from... and then seeing how incredibly different the stamp images can look when they are coloured in.
 
For example, head on over to the Sweet Pea Stamps store and take a look at the original artwork for Anna Marine's gorgeous Paint My World Black... and then see how different it looks coloured in pastels:
 
 
Isn't she just gorgeous? I love the dark, gothicy colours of the original artwork but I also think she looks just beautiful in pale colours. :) For this card I coloured the image with my Promarkers and cut it out with a pretty decorative die from Spellbinders:
 
 
I decided to step away from my usual square cards and make a gatefold card so I created the base card from white cardstock and decorated it with pretty floral papers that were free with a magazine.
 
 
I also scored the edges of the front of the card with my Simply Scored board from Stampin' Up, to give a litte extra detail, and I also decorated the inside of the card with more of the pretty floral papers.
 
 
To finish, I wrapped a few lengths of baker's twine around the card, before attaching the image with foam tape over the top, so that it can be tied closed, and added a punched-out butterfly and some tiny gems.

This beautiful stamp is available in both red rubber and digi format from the Sweet Pea Stamps store.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...