Wednesday 6 February 2013

Pretty in Pink (and Orange)

For my card for Sweet Pea Stamps this week, I coloured in this adorable little mermaid image by Connie Fong:
This stamp is called Flowers on the Beach and you can buy it in either digi or red rubber format from the Sweet Pea Stamps store. I coloured it in with my Promarkers, using warm tones of pink and orange (I'm feeling the need for warm colours lately as it's been fffffreezing cold here in the UK! :lol:):
I echoed the pinks and oranges in the patterned papers I used (I found some fab seashore-themed ones in my stash with shells and seahorses on them). I added some lace and ribbon and then a bunch of K&Co die-cuts that I've had sitting around in my stash for ages (the frame around the image is from the same set of die-cuts):
 
 
I finished things off with some paper flowers and a sparkly foam greeting from a set of alphas/embellies that came free with a craft magazine I bought the other day. :)
A nice warm summery card to chase away the winter chill! :D
 

2 comments:

Rossella said...

What lovely colours and cards on a cold wintry day.
Rosie x

Sheryl. ♥Redonkadoodles♥ said...

Very beautiful card! The colours are gorgeous.

Hugs,
Sheryl
RedonkulousDesigns.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...