Friday 25 January 2013

We're All Mad Here...

I seem to be having a bit of a thing for Alice in Wonderland today. :)
 
As well as making my Cheshire Cat bookmark, I also decided to have a play with Ching-Chou Kuik's gorgeous Cheshire Cat Illusion image (available as a digi stamp or red rubber stamp from Sweet Pea Stamps).
 
 
I used the digi stamp and coloured it with my Promarkers:
 
 
I made a tentfold card base from pale blue cardstock and embossed a panel of white card using a Tim Holtz Texture Fadez embossing folder (I don't know why exactly but the circular pattern on this folder put me in mind of the song "Windmills of My Mind" (...and the circles that you find... in the windmills of your mind) and of Alice tumbling down into the rabbit hole). I wrapped some baker's twine around the embossed panel before attaching it to the card base and then matted the coloured digi stamp onto more pale blue card and attached it with foam tape, letting it overhang the side of the card. To finish, I added some pale blue gems to the centres of the circles on the embossed panel.
 
A fairly quick and simple card that allows the striking image to take centre stage. :) I'm also entering this card in the We're All Mad Here, So Anything Goes challenge at The Altered Alice.
 

2 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Everything's better with Alice, don'tcha think? Beautiful coloring on this fabulous stamp and I love that the rest is the embossed white to make it POP! Great choice of folders. thanks for another great entry at The Altered Alice. xxD

Lynne Phelps said...

Thanks for playing along with The Altered Alice! Love Sweet Pea, I did not know they had digi stamps, good to know! Gorgeous coloring and that fab white embossed background really sets it off with that great texture and sparkle!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...