Saturday 5 January 2013

Scrappy New Year!

Woohoo! My first scrapbook page of 2013! :)
 
I haven't actually done much scrapbooking recently. It was what got me into papercrafting and will always be my first love but these days I seem to do a lot more cardmaking than scrapbooking... aside from anything, I don't have to clear as much space on my chaotic craft desk to work on a card! :lol:
 
But what better inspiration to get the scrapbooking juices flowing than a challenge... and a scrap map one at that? :)
 
That's right, the new Scrap Map challenge is up at the Creative Craft World blog today with a fab sketch to inspire your pages. Here's what I made:


I scrapped my DD1's first ever school photo. :) I used navy blue and white cardstock, to match her school uniform, and spritzed Glimmer Mist over a doily and through an alphabet stencil.

 
I then stamped a few stars (a freebie stamp from Craft Stamper magazine) and coloured them in with a blue metallic Promarker. I added a title using alpha stickers and Thickers, doodled a border around the photo and around the white cardstock and wrote my journalling in white gel pen.


To join in the challenge, just make a scrapbook page, or other project, inspired by the sketch and link your entry up at the CCW blog. It's great fun and you could win yourself a prize! :)

7 comments:

Lydia said...

such a cute little girl! I love how you spritzed through the doily it looks fab xxx

susibee said...

How cute is your daughter with her curls?

Love the stars - they look fab.

Sue Jones said...

Gorgeous page Ali, I miss scrapbooking as often as I used to ..but you're right ..it takes up so much more room on the table !

MiniOwner said...

Oh Ali that's such a cute photo and a fab page to show it off, too. I love what you have done with my sketch.
Sue xx

Melissa75 said...

I love those cute stars - lovely page!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely scrap page, Ali, and I was fascinated to read about all the techniques you used for the backing paper. Your daughter is a real cutie - with Shirley Temple curls to die for :) Elizabeth xx

Trish said...

Bless - what a cutie! Great layout too!
Trish xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...