Friday 11 January 2013

Phunky Fairy

It's time for a new challenge at Sweet Pea Stampers and this month our theme is "Clean and Simple - No Embellishments".
 
I decided to make a one-layer card for this theme, so cue lots of stamping and masking! :)
 
I used one of Brigid Ashwood's fun and quirky Phunky Fairies stamps - this one is called Jinx:
 
 
I've been working a lot with digi stamps recently so it was really fun to get my rubber stamps back out for this card and have a play. I stamped the image straight onto a card blank and coloured her in with my Promarkers. I then stamped her again onto scrap paper, cut around the left side and stuck the scrap copy over my coloured image using Collall Photo Glue. With the image masked, I splattered Bubblegum Dylusions ink spray over the card and stamped a chevron stamp and a text stamp in black Archival ink. I stamped a greeting onto a scrap piece of card, cut the letters out and glued them over the chevron/text/inked area.
 
I removed the mask and added a pale pink colour wash around the image, using a Flexmarker pen:
 
 
And to finish off, I added some lovely glitter to her wings, using Stickles:
 
 
The challenge runs for a month and you could win yourself some yummy Sweet Pea stamps - you can enter with any image you like but entering with a Sweet Pea Stamps image gets your extra chances to win! :)

2 comments:

fatmonica said...

That's a great card.I love the background you've created.

Sue Jones said...

Gorgeous Card ! I love it .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...