Friday 4 January 2013

Over the Edge

For my card for Sweet Pea Stamps this week I played with an idea I had hanging around of having elements of the card hanging over the edge:
 
 
I used one of Ching-Chou Kuik's gorgeous digi stamps - this one is called Butterfly Blue - and coloured her with my limited edition winter Promarkers:
 
 
I also used Stickles and a gold Perlen Pen to add lots of sparkles to her jewellery and the beading in her hair and used a Flexmarker to make a soft colourwashed background:
 
 
For the card I used some papers that came free with a craft magazine and cut some delicate filigree shapes from contrasting cardstock, using my Cameo.
 
 
I also trimmed the front edge of the card so that the filigree shapes would overhang the edge and used some more of the paper to decorate the exposed edge of the back side of the card:
 
 
And that was my pretty filigree card. :)
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...