Tuesday 22 January 2013

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

...but in here it's so delightful... :)
 
A Christmas song, I know, but nonetheless appropriate. Everything's still very snowy out there but it's nice and warm in here. :) Technically, we should be out and about in the snow this morning (thank goodness we have a 4x4!) but I've skived off going to DD2's Rhythm Time class this morning cos I am absolutely shattered... I stayed up too late crafting, which wouldn't have been a problem, except DD2 chose last night to wake up in the early hours and shout the place down. So instead of getting 6 hours sleep, which I could have lived with, I got 2 lots of around 3 hours sleep. Which has left me feeling like death warmed over. Eeesh.

Anyway, here's what kept me up late last night. I made this card for this week's Whatever the Weather challenge at Passion for Promarkers:
 
 
I used a sweet digi stamp from A Day For Daisies and coloured it with my Promarkers and used a Flexmarker for a wash of colour in the background:

 
I used magazine freebie papers (as ever! :lol:), pale yellow pearlised card and a doily and finished things off with some blossoms, gemstones and a yellow bow (that I upcycled - I have a handful of these that I was given along with the ownership certificate when we bought DD1 a teddy from Build a Bear Workshop! :lol:)


I'm also entering this card into the Add Some Red challenge at A Day For Daisies. :)

4 comments:

Nat said...

Hope you had a good night's sleep! This is lovely, pretty colours, fab image and colouring. Thank you for joining in my 'Whatever the Weather. challenge at PFP.
Natx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Ali, what a gorgeous card. I love the sweet image and your colouring is fab. Your pretty colours have me dreaming of spring! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

kadie said...

This is gorgeous, Ali! Thanks for joining us at A Day For Daisies!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Lovely coloring of the image. Thanks for joining us at ADFD.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...