Thursday 17 January 2013

Cute Kitty

It's Digi Wednesday again at Sweet Pea Stamps and for my card this week I chose to work with this adorable image by Karen Middleton, called Moon Heart:
 
 
You can buy this image in either digi or red rubber format from the Sweet Pea Stamps store:
 
 
My idea for this card was that I wanted to colour the image but have a shiny, shimmery moon... so I coloured the cat and the hearts using my Promarkers but instead of colouring the moon I painted it with Flitter Glu and then pressed on Indigo Blu Mega Flake (in Autumn Blaze) and used Scoochy Foam to buff away the excess, leaving me a gorgeous, foiled, metallic, shimmer moon:
 
 
I love how this foil changes colour as the light hits it, changing from a shimmery gold to a more reddish, bronzey colour as you tilt it:
 
 
I kept the rest of the card pretty simple, using pretty pink paper and gold mirri card and adding a few flowers and some gemstones flourishes (I made my own by drawing them out in pencil and sticking on individual gemstones).
 
I think this would make a lovely Valentine's card. :)

1 comment:

fatmonica said...

This is stunning.I love the cat and that gilded flaked moon is gorgeous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...