Friday 7 December 2012

Pop Goes Christmas!

Anyone else remember those "Pop Goes..." albums? Pop Goes Mozart? Pop Goes Beethoven? No? Just me showing my age then... ;)
 
(P.S. My dad had those albums... I'm not *that* old! :lol:)
 
Anyhoo, Pop Dots & Layers is the theme of the current challenge at Dilly Beans Designers & Friday Challenge blog and this is the card I made for the challenge:
 
 
I used this sweet Amalia's Christmas Lights image and had a bit of a play with some different techniques... I paper-pieced her dress (by the simple expedient of taping a piece of patterned paper to a piece of A4 copy paper and printing the digi image a second time onto that paper), coloured the rest of her with Promarkers, and for the christmas lights I printed the image a third time, onto plain white card, coloured the lights with Promarkers, added highlights with a white gel pen and then covered them in Glossy Accents before cutting them out and attaching to the main image using foam pads:
 
 
I decorated the card base with christmas themed papers and a die-cut snowflake frame.

2 comments:

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is super cute - love her lights! Thanks for joining our Pop Dots challenge at Dilly Beans! :)

MiniOwner said...

Just fab! Love your card ... and yes I do remember Pop Goes ... Can't even claim it was my dad. LOL
Sue x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...