Wednesday 14 November 2012

Sweet Pea Variations

It's Variations Week at the Sweet Pea Stamps blog this week... where all the DT make creations using the same stamp. It's amazing to see the very different work everyone creates from the same starting point... and really shows how versatile the images are! :)
 
Today is my turn to share my creation using Anna Marine's gorgeous Mystery stamp. I used the digi version of the stamp and printed it onto white cardstock and coloured it with my Promarkers.
 
 
To be a bit different, I decided to go completely the other way from the stunning artwork this stamp is based on and, instead of using dark, gothic colours, I went with pretty pastels and light colours. I think it's an awesome effect... and just goes to show you that gothic doesn't have to be gloomy! :lol:
I decorated my card with muted pink and grey papers and added gemstone flourishes and pretty flowers (punched/die-cut from white card and coloured with Promarkers to tone with the image) to finish.
You can find this lovely stamp at the Sweet Pea Stamps store, in both red rubber and digi versions (and don't forget the Super Sale is still running, with 33 pages of red rubber stamps reduced to just $2 each! :D)
 
 

1 comment:

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Ali, what a beautiful card. I love to see different creations with the same stamp. It always amazes me on the variety. Best wishes, Kym xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...