Saturday 18 August 2012

Shaped Cards? Hai!

The challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week is to make a shaped card - basically anything that's not a rectangle/square! I liked this challenge cos I must admit I do get a bit lazy occasionally and keep on using the same old square card blanks for my creations. So it was good to think outside of the box a bit.

I had a gorgeous geisha digi stamp that I picked up recently from A Day For Daisies that I was dying to play with and I had the idea of wanting to put a kind of "rising sun" image behind her. And that led to this:




I coloured the geisha with my Promarkers and cut her out and then I made a stepper card base. I cut a piece of card with a rounded top to fit on the back section of the stepper and then cut gold mirror card and patterned paper into sunrays to fit onto it. I matted more patterned paper onto mirror card to fit on the front section of the card and attached the geisha image over it.

Am entering this card into the following challenges:

Passion for Promarkers - Shaped Cards
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
Stampin With The Dragon - Anything but a Square or Rectangle
Moving Along With The Times - Shape Up - Anything But Square
Colour Me Creative - Use Blacks/Dark Greys



10 comments:

MiniOwner said...

Ali that is a lush card! Your colouring with PMs is great.
Sue x

Julia S-W said...

I have to say WOW - how do you do that amazing colouring?? I don't have a clue (or a copic pen anywhere!! or any other suitable pen for that matter!). Your card wonderful and I really should investigate digi stamps - I keep saying this but never do anything about it!
Love everything about this piece.
Juliaxx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Ali, what a brilliant idea for a shaped card. I love the geisha image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Desire Fourie said...

Ali I just love this. The colours and layout are just perfect. Hope you are having a fab day. Hugs Desíre Doing Life Digistamps4Joy DT Member Tammys Scrapin Corner DT Member

Unknown said...

Hi Ali wow what super cards and creations I love this card, your colouring is superb I saw you on the Black/Dk Gray challenge.
I am now a follower Big Hugs Elaine

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is gorgeous ali ! what a fab design!! I love the geisha and that wonderful rising sun!! absolutely stunning!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!
Hugs Sue xx

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Wow this is a beauty! Love the image you used and you designed your card around it! Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at MAWTT this week :)

Maire Gamber said...

Wow! I am your later follower. Your card is stunning! Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at CMC! Great card!
Hugs,
Marie, CMC DT

gina g said...

Beautiful card, i love the pretty image and great colouring. Thanks for joining us at CMC this time. luv gina xx GDT

Ruby said...

Such a lovely soft and elegant card, your colour choices are just wonderful. Thanks so much for joining in with us over at Color Me Creative!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...