Friday 30 March 2012

Irish Mermaids? ;)

I think it's fair to say that I've become a wee bit addicted to making screens. I loved loved loved Linda E's screen project in Craft Stamper and I made my first screen for the UKS screen swap and was so pleased with it that I could barely bring myself to give it away to my swappee! :lol:

So for the latest challenge at Sweet Pea Stampers, I decided that, instead of making a card, I'd make another screen - one I could keep this time! :) Of course, the other advantage to making a screen was that I could get to play with more than one scrummy Sweet Pea image at a time. ;)

The challenge theme is "Luck of the Irish" and I decided to take my inspiration from that and use the colour green prominently in my project. With that in mind, I started thinking about greens and blues and the sea and mermaids... can you see where this is heading? ;) I seem to have a bit of a thing for mermaids and watery colours in my crafting lately. :lol:

So I had a rummage through my ever-growing collection of Sweet Pea stamps and chose four Ching Chou Kuik mermaids (I'm not sure if it's a good or a bad thing that I have enough Sweet Pea stamps that I have a range of mermaids from which to select four! :lol:) and this is what I made:

Not the best lighting in this photo - will try and take a daylight photo tomorrow... *looks at clock*... ooops, erm... later today! :lol: Here's what the individual panels look like:

I used Dylusions sprays inks to make the backgrounds, along with some stencils and some spritzed water, and also used the Dylusions sprays with a wet paintbrush to colour in my stamped images, all in shades of green and blue. I matted the painted images onto shimmery blue paper and attached to the screen panels which I bound together using blue chiffon ribbon. To finish I added some blue and green paper flowers and some blue and green gems. Oh and the reverse side of the screen is covered in this gorgeous, shimmery/foiledy K&Co paper:

This screen has now taken pride of place in my windowsill gallery of completed work. Ching Chou Kuik's images are just so gorgeous and having four of them displayed together like this in a screen is just fabulous. I'm definitely going to be making more screens. Quite possibly more Sweet Pea ones. :)

I am of course entering this for the Sweet Pea Stampers challenge and am also putting myself forward for their DT call. :)

7 comments:

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Ali, what a lovely card you have made. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. Also the best of luck in applying for the Design Team. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

Sue Jones said...

Beautiful as always Ali :)

Ali said...

fantastic colours and love the lacing in between the pretty pictures.

fatmonica said...

What a fabulous screen!I love the rich blue and greens.I really must get myself some of those stamps!

Sarah said...

That is fabulous. The colour scheme is so vibrant

BEX said...

A beautiful screen Ali. Good luck with the DT call - you deserve to get it as your work is always lovely.

Sue Jones said...

Hi Ali please would you contact me on
sooEjay@gmail.com as we would like you to join our design team and i can give you all the details
Sue x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...