Sunday 25 March 2012

Bedazzling Black and White

I was really pleased to see the Gothic Arch challenge blog up and running again cos I'd just gotten into making them when it went on hiatus. That said, I've not found time to take part in the first few challenges since it started up again but this week I have finally managed to do so. The theme for the current challenge is Bedazzled:

Lovely sunny photo for once - hasn't the weather been *gorgeous* today?! :)

I did a lot of decoration on this using Pearl Pens, in silver and pearl, and Enamel Accents, in black, and added a couple of diamante gems for a bit of "bedazzle". :)

I'm also entering this arch into this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show, where the theme is Handmade Backgrounds. Of course, given that I'm doing Tim's Creative Chemistry 101 course atm, I had about a gazillion ideas for making backgrounds but I really wanted to use this Lynne Perella stamp from Paper Artsy (a recent acquisition) and I just felt like it needed to be in black and white. And I'd also recently picked up a Black Soot Distress Inkpad so I decided to have a play with that and made a monochrome back background using Tim's "spritz and flick" technique. I'll be honest... the resulting effect wasn't quite what I expected... the wicking effect is not as visible/obvious on plain black but it makes quite a nice, subtle effect and I do like it.

I hope to find time to do more of the gothic art challenges. :)

8 comments:

Sue Jones said...

Wow that's stunning ... Must check out the blog .

Nancy Wethington said...

The *spritz and flick* is one of my favorite techniques. Yours turned out great. And the bling is an added bonus. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

Deborah said...

I'm not normally a fan of monochrome but this is fabulous!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful arch - the detailing is amazing!! So glad you have joined in with us again. Thank you for supporting Gothic Arches. Lynn ♥

Sarah said...

Your loving my colour and I'm loving your monochrome....! Love the arch shape too - fits her fabby head wear perfectly! Thanks for the visit and pin away if you like - no worries. have an inspired week! Sarah.

Effie said...

Wow .. She's beautiful, what a fab arch. thanks for taking the time to play.
Effie

Scrapmate said...

I think the BG complements the stamp beautifully. Great use of monochrome.

Sanity, Politics & Public Service said...

Love this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...