Sunday 26 February 2012

Serendipity

That's the word for it.

The fortunate and perfect concurrence of this thread over at UKS and this week's "London, Paris or New York" theme at the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge blog.

I just HAD to have a play with my new City in a Box items from Muji for this challenge... and I could have done any of the three cities in question, as I had a City in a Box for each of them! :)

But my immediate instinct, as soon as I even laid eyes on these cute little models, was to have a play with the iconic Eiffel Tower. And so I did. :)

From this:


To this: :)


I cut sections of Basic Grey Alyssa patterned paper to fit each side of the tower and then inked the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink. I used the same ink to stamp each piece with the text stamp from Tim Holtz's Papillon stamp set and also stamped some butterflies from the same stamp set onto the Basic Grey paper. I cut the butterflies out and gave them a coat of Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint.

I glued the stamped papers onto the tower and added the butterflies. I made a little pennant by stamping Amour (from a Stampin' Up! stamp set) onto more of the same paper and inking the edges I wrapped it around a piece of bronzey-coloured wire, finishing it off with a heart-shaped bead and crimp beads. I hot glued it to the top of the tower along with a TH Idea-ology flower. Et voila! Le Tour Eiffel, gone vintage and shabby-chic. :)

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Lovely!

Linda said...

Thats fab, you should get the contract to "alter" the original!
:)

Glen said...

Love that Eiffel Tower transformation Ali - very cute. TFS. ~Glen~

Candy C said...

Ali...so pretty! I love how you took a plain Eiffel Tower shape and turned it into something so lovely! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Dan said...

You've made a great job of this Ali, I love the end result! :)

Claire said...

That is stunning Ali, may have to get a city in a box.
C xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...