Wednesday 25 January 2012

WOYWW - 24 January 2012

Well, my fellow WOYWWers, it's finally happened. Shocking I know, but nonetheless true. Yup, after months of whining in my WOYWW posts about what a mess my craft room is... I have finally tided! And not just "push the mess back enough to make a bit of space to craft in" tidied, but proper tidied!

As in... the floor is once again visible:


As in... I can close all the drawers in my craft stacker unit:


As in... all the crap had been cleared off the windowsill and hubby was finally able to reach the window to put the blind up (and I can now use the windowsill as display space):


As in... hubby was also able to put up the Ikea storage rail and noticeboard that I bought... ooooh... well over a year ago!!


There is still more to do but a lot of crud has been thrown out (2 bin bags' worth to date) and most stuff has been found a new home (look at where my precious collection of Tim Holtz Idea-ology stuff now lives... in this funky vintagey trunk I found at The Range!):


I still have a bit more rearranging of stash to do and have yet to tackle the "dumping ground of randomness" that is the top of the Expedit:


But overall the room is looking much, much better and, more importantly, is once again usable!

And speaking of which, today's view of my desk finds me mid- various projects:


Gracing the beautifully clear and organised desk area today are a sheet of printed digi stamps awaiting colouring, some in-progress ATC backgrounds and, happily combining my two main passions at present, some in-progress Sherlock-themed ATCs! :D

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the crafty world on your journey around the WOYWW desks. Hope you're having a happy - and crafty! - Wednesday.

P.S. I must apologise in advance if I don't manage to comment on many WOYWW blogs this week... I am having problems lately with Blogger failing to load blog entry pages and this has been frustratingly preventing me from commenting a lot of the time! :(

18 comments:

okienurse said...

OMG! I am so jealous! I have boxes from IKEA I can't take out and put together until I swap out rooms. I need to get busy I guess cause everyone on WOYWW is in a cleaning and redoing frenzy! Have a great week and thanks for sharing! Vickie #27

Anonymous said...

What a great desk today and a super Sherlock Homes ATC, wasn't it a brilliant series. Your room is bursting with great stash and what a cracking storage box. Have a great Wednesday, Laura

Lisa-Jane said...

Oooh I like that trunk - what a great find! Well done on having a tidy up. Its hard to get started but fab once you are finished and you find all sorts of wonderful things you had forgotten!

Trish Latimer said...

That piece of paper on the desk with the yellow ATCs on is perfect! That would be being cut up and used too if it was mine!!! Love your craft room...loks fab!!!
Trish xx #44

jude said...

Loving the spring clean of the craftroom.I have seen those cases around they are fab!
Have fab wedensday ,and a creative week
hugs judex 17

May said...

Great clean up going on, love the storage case, Have a great week, Hugs May x x x

Brenda B said...

Oh well done you, big pat on the back! Love those little easel lined up on the window sill just waiting to display something arty. That's a great new storage chest too, very patriotic.

Hugs
Brenda 99

Ann B said...

What a fantastic storage trunk that is - may need a trip to the Range as well - and those stacker units, wow.
Ann B
#46

Stephanie said...

I'm working on reorganizing my stuff and fixing up my area. It seems like it's always in "tornado" stage. This is my first week doing WOYWW and it's fun seeing what everyone is up to.

Karen said...

What a fab storage trunk and I love the lovely Spring colours you are using on your ATC's :)

Have a great WOYWW, Luv Karen #80

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Lots of fun space with new organizational bits. That truck is such an excellent find. It looks like you still have creativity happening amongst the cleaning spree and that's always a good thing.

Lou said...

Your room is amazing, A wonderfully inspiring room full of crafty goodies, hope you lovely week hugs Lou E #82

Beckyt said...

love the new ikea storage, your craft room is looking super organised. Thanks for sharing :)

BEcky no56 x

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Lovely crafty place :) There is so much space for crafting - love it! I switched to Google Chrome and had no problems with blogger since ;).

Happy WOYWW! Hugs, Joanna #123

Ps. and you have a new friend now, too! :)

LuLu said...

Howdy and Happy New Year!

I'm back at WOYWW after being MIA since November.

Your cleanup job is spectacular! you've inspired me!

Would love for you to stop by my blog when you have a moment or 2.

Peace,
LuLu
http://lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com/2012/01/woyww-01252012-happy-new-year-image.html

SueH said...

It must feel so satisfying to start getting everything sorted out Ali, not something that happens here very often I’m sad to say.

Have to say, the blinds look very nice and I love the way you’ve used the ledge for you little easels.

Happy Crafting!
Sue
x

Julia Dunnit said...

I never once thought you were whining , but am happy that you've made yourself happy with such a mahoosive sort out! Wow, you gota lot of drawers!! And When (not if) you get to the stuff on top of the expedition, here's a tip...get your hubby to put up some shelves or more cubbies above it....stops the temptation to put stuff there in a random fashion....I am a first hand qualifier for this type of tidying!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

congratulations on your tidy up! wow, i love that vintage trunk and the craft stacker!
happy WOYWW, and thanks for sharing!
hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...