Sunday 29 January 2012

Think Pink!

I'm joining in with the new Art Journey project over at UKS and thought I'd share my first page with you.
The prompt/inspiration for this page was all about using colour for inspiration. I seem to be more and more attracted to the colour pink recently and, reading through the list of products/techniques for making backgrounds etc, I was reminded that I had a brand new paint dabber in a gorgeous shade of pink. It was fate! :) So I dug it out and used it to cover the entire page. I then mixed some of my Dylusions paints to get a nice paler shade of pink and used this colour to stamp around the edges using a piece of sequin waste (forgot to start taking pictures until I was part way through this stage! :lol:):
I then sponged white and then purple paints through a stencil to add butterflies in opposite corners:
Next up I wanted to make a big title for my page - the words Think Pink just seemed the perfect summation of what I wanted to say with this page. I used Tim Holtz masks for the letters and sponged black ink over and around them. I love the bold effect of the black against the pink background:
I then added my journalling. There's more I wanted to say here really (like how my Grandma was a devoted lover of pink and I suspect I may slowly be turning into her! :lol:) but I ran out of space!
To finish off, I felt like the page just needed something more to tie it all together, some kind of border. So I used Papermania butterfly stamps and black ink and doodled some lines between the butterflies to join it all together:
All in all, I'm really pleased with the results. It's quite a simple page but the colours make it bold and striking - and the "challenge", as it were, was all about colour so I think it meets the brief quite nicely. :)

4 comments:

fatmonica said...

I love this!The borders are gorgeous!

Tracy said...

Love it, absolutely gorgeous.

salamanda said...

Beautiful page and I like seeing how you built up all the elements.

Allycat x said...

Just seen this - its gorgeous & thats coming from someone who's not that keen on pink!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...