Friday 27 January 2012

An evening of creativity...

So tonight I managed to crowbar myself away from the comfort of the sofa and spend most of the evening in my craft room. And creative productivity ensued:

I finished up the set of Sherlock ATCs that I was working on:


I also finished up a set of Paris-themed ATCs I was working on:


And I made this card:



I am SO pleased with this card! The image is a Stitchy Bear digital stamp that I've printed and coloured in with my ProMarkers and I am really pleased with how the colouring has worked... I think this may be some of my best colouring to date. I'm especially pleased with her hair (btw, loving this image - my sister and I used to be totally into this kind of fantasy art). I'm really happy with the colour scheme of the card and I also played with some new products/techniques including my new Sizzix Framelits and colouring plain gems with ProMarkers.

I'm entering this card into this week's Passion for ProMarkers challenge - the theme is recycling and I recycled a piece of my scrap paper, that I used for spraying/inking/stamping/painting things on, as a background for this card; the colours were just a perfect match! :)

Oh and I also painted a page in an art journal tonight, ready to work on tomorrow.

Ahhh.. it feels so good to be creating again! :D

10 comments:

Katie said...

I love the Paris themed cards! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog :)

Happy WOYWW (on Thursday!)
Katie

Stephanie said...

Love it--very nice work. The gems look fabulous on the card.

vixen said...

Gorgeous Card, fantastic Sherlock ATCs Ali :)

Sarah Louise said...

Beautiful projects Ali, fab work

Angela Drummond said...

Great projects, I love them all

genagirl said...

Just stopping by to say HI! Love all your crafts and I really think we should do a Sherlock swap. Do you like just BBC Sherlock or the RDJ films, too? I drool over RDJ but love both versions.

genagirl said...

Oh I forgot - here's my latest Sherlock craft - a reaction to the Reichenbach Fall so needless to say it has spoilers!!!!!

http://papersensations.blogspot.com/2012/01/bbc-america-sherlock.html

oheidia said...

Really a great way of recycling paper with color on. The result here is fab!!! Thanks so much for entering the challenge at PFP:)

Claire said...

They're great Ali, you certainly had a creative evening.
C xx

Ali said...

I'd definitely be up for a Sherlock swap! Am really taken by the urge to make lots more Sherlock ATCs or other items. :lol:

Am afraid to say however that I am not a fan of the RDJ films. I've seen the first one and it's a good action movie but it bares little relation to Sherlock Holmes. It's just too historically inaccurate for the Holmes purist in me! :lol:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...