Monday 16 January 2012

Crafty Catch-Up

Inbetween my growing anticipation/excitment over the final episode of Sherlock last night (wasn't it *awesome*?!!), I managed to find time to do a teensy bit of crafting over the past couple of days. :)

Firstly I made a quick birthday card for my mum:


I really wanted to have a play with a lovely set of Prima flower masks that I got recently so I picked this design and used stencil glue to stick it onto the card, so as to prevent ink leaking underneath and this losing/blurring detail, and then used Dylusions spray inks over the top. I inked the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink and then matted onto brown/gold card and inked those edges too. I attached it to the card front and stamped the greeting in Tea Dye DI and then added a little 3D butterfly sticker to finish. Quite a simple design but really pretty. :)

I also found time this weekend to do a quick digi LO for the UKS House Challenge:


I used some of the fab photos I took at our day out to the zoo on Saturday. I went with white space on this LO and used elements from Penny Springmann's 12 Months - June and Claudi Designs' Days of Joy kits.


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hello Ali, two great projects. I love the masked/ink background for your Mum's card and the butterfly is the perfect touch. Your layout is gorgeous too - great pics and the splatters are fab. Elizabeth x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...