Friday 4 March 2011

And some Layouts...

I've also managed to create a couple of scrapbook pages in the last week.

The first was for the weekly challenge on UKScrappers:

The challenge was an "anti-Valentines" one and the requirements were:

  • Scrap primarily in black & white or using black & white photos (I did both) and absolutely no red or pink or hearts or flowers
  • Use three photos
  • Use a four letter word other than "love" as the title
This was a fun challenge and I liked scrapping in black & white - it makes for a bold, striking LO. I used the Lovely as a Tree stamp set from Stampin' Up! and I printed the title in reverse on the back of white cardstock and handcut it out. I then backstitched around the borders in black thread... it took aaaaages and killed my fingers but it was worth it for the effect! :)

Also fiddly and time-consuming was glueing on the bling.. teeny tiny seed beads, sequins and flat-backed diamante gems from my "never throw anything away" buttons/gems pot! :)

The second LO is one I made from start to finish last night (DD2 co-operated for once and spent most of the evening snoozing in her rocker chair, allowing me to craft!):

I am so pleased with how this LO came out. I used some of the gorgeous photos from the professional portrait session we had at the end of January. I played around with embossing folders and crackle paints and distress inks and piled on lots of lovely embellies for a scrummy distressed-style LO. :)

2 comments:

Claire said...

They're fab Ali
C
xx

Allycat x said...

Beautiful LOs - love the monochrome, gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...