Monday 21 February 2011

Playing with ProMarkers

I've been having fun playing with my ProMarkers and some new stamps.

I bought some absolutely stunning Ching Chou Kuik design stamps from Sweet Pea stamps recently. Unfortunately, when the arrived I only had enough U-Mount left to mount one of the stamps so I've only been able to try that one out so far... but that's actually led to some interesting results.

I decided to colour in the stamped image with my ProMarkers... I stamped the image a couple of times to get the hang of how much pressure was needed to get a clear imprint and then, as I had a couple of images stamped, I decided to colour them both in in different colours:


It's fascinating the different effects you achieve just from colouring in the same image in different colours. Somehow the image in red looks softer and more ethereal while the blue image has come out a  lot bolder and more sharp-edged.

I enjoyed creating these gorgeous images so much that I stamped the design a bunch more times so I could try out more colour combinations:


...and ended up making this set of four a "seasons"-themed set, with colourways suggestive of Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.

I love the results I'm getting with this gorgeous stamped image and my ProMarkers. Now I just need my order of U-Mount to arrive asap so I can have a play with the other beautiful stamps in the set! :D

3 comments:

Helen said...

Love that stamp Ali - can't wait for the summer holiday so we can come up and play! Just think of all the colouring and stamping we will do! x

Claire said...

They are gorgeous images Ali
C
xx

vixen said...

Gorgous stamp Ali and fab job in the colouring they look fantastic :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...